"...I have admired Maria Guerberof's cinematography for a number of years now. I have always been impressed with how her beautiful images and lighting are always in touch with the story. She has a unique artist's eye." Seamus McGarvey, Cinematographer
"...If you are looking for poetry and poetry in motion, do not look any further this cinematographer has in spades a delicate and elegant touch..." Alessandra Scherillo, Cinematographer
"...What I love the most about working with María Guerberof is her 100% commitment to the project. Her ability to see the process holistically, way beyond her department. She is known for performing miracles too when needed. Her sensibility touches me deeply and the images she produces always speak to the audience's soul..." Elias Ribeiro. Producer Urucu media.
Originally from Argentina, Buenos Aires, Maria has a background in philosophy and creative photography. Maria’s work as cinematographer includes the short dramas such as "Plagium" featuring Jason Flemying and Exec. Produced by Joe Wright (Atonement). Maria Directed and produced the short "Cry For All" which was selected for ArtWiki, 7th Berlin Biennale, having also distributed worldwide by Shorts International Uk. In 2013 Maria had three films at the Cannes Short Film Corner.
Currently Maria is also directing personal projects and collaborating in the media department for Asian performing arts UK: www.asianperformingartsuk.com
Maria's work as photographer and cinematographer has been selected into the following festivals:
-Kyotographie 2019, Kyoto, Japan. Solo exhibition at Voice Gallery/Matsuo Megumi “Kyoto” prints, photobook and video.
-Solo exhibition at White Conduit Projects. “We are going to need some more coffee: City vignettes from Tokyo and Buenos Aires” London 2018
- Nomination KG + Award Kyotographie 2018, Kyoto, Japan, for the solo exhibition at Voice Gallery/Matsuo Megumi: "Buenos Aires 2001: a culture under siege"
-Nomination Official competition Cinematography festival Zsigmond Vilmos 2017. Hungary
- British Library: "Japan Now" event organised by curator Martin Colthorpe. Exhibition of the photographic series: "Ode to Tokyo"
- Official Selection BFFF 2016 Berlin fashion film festival.
- Cannes Film festival 2013. Short film Corner (out of competition)
- Soho Rushes Festival London 2012
- Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan)2012
- 13th Melbourne Underground Film Festival (MUFF) 2012
- 57th Corona Cork Film Festival OutLook 2012, Ireland.
- 7th North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2012
- 19th Out in Africa -- South African Gay&Lesbian Fim Festival 2012
- Shnit International Shortfilmfestival,Bern2012
- Out At The Movies. Hackney Picture House and Greenwich Picture House, London 2012
- 20o Festival Mix Brasil de Cultura da Diversidade, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2012
-ArtWiki, 7th Berlin Biennale short film "Cry for all".
Available upon request